Fail to feed after 4th round.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fail to feed after 4th round.

My M-1 Garand will fire the first 4 rounds with no problems. Upon ejection of the fourth round the other 4 rounds will pop up and out of the clip. It happens if from the bench or standing. I have tried other clips and they do the same thing, any suggestions?

Dumb question,are you saying the clip is released with four rounds still in it? Does the bolt lock open when this happens?
    Look for bent/worn/distorted parts for the clip retention, follower arm etc.
    The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
    The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Clip latch spring probably needs replaced. Also while you are at it remove op rod spring and measure its length. It should be minimum uncompressed 19.0" maximum uncompressed 20.25", free of kinks and bends. Also what enblocs are you using? Look at the back in the circle, should have something stamped on them
      Last edited by Orlando; 12-04-2021, 05:58 AM.

Comment

There are no dumb questions. No the rounds pop out while the clip is still retained sometime other times it too has popped up. The bolt is locked in the open position. I can not see anything bent. This arm has performed in the past with no problems. The rounds are military issue FMJ.
        Last edited by lite2bolt; 12-03-2021, 06:13 PM.

Comment

read and answer post 3
          Last edited by Orlando; 12-04-2021, 05:59 AM.

Comment

I went through this many year's ago and it was a pain, (this site didn't exist) and I got tons 9f BS, turned out it was the clip latch spring. I got several springs for seventy-five cents. Never a problem with mine for well over 30 years.

Comment

Working...
            X