M1 Garand aftermarket stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1 Garand aftermarket stock

Good Afternoon All and thanks for the add!

I'm looking into purchasing a surplus M1 from WW2, but before I do I want to know what kind of mods are out there to modernize them. First can I get a synthetic stock with pistol grip and picattany rail? Removable 30-06 mags? Threaded barrel attachments for a muzzle break?

I know what you're thinking. Just go buy a new one from Springfield. I live in Canada, and unfortunately our liberal government in all of their wisdom have prohibited the Springfield M1a, but the WW2 surplus ones are still non-restricted. Figure that one out.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

The answers to your 4 questions are no, no, no and no. As far as having the rifle modified to accept mags that can be done by Shuff's Parkerizing. If you want a rifle with the features you desire, buy an AR10 in 308. But in Canada you can't and making those mods, even if possible, would no doubt change your Garand into an illegal, prohibited configuration. It would not be considered a vintage rifle after such mods are made I do not believe. Fact is, I'm pretty sure it would even be illegal or impossible to ship your rifle to Shuff for the mag mod.

Comment

Working...
    X