Mistake Made...Locked Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mistake Made...Locked Bolt

I have a clip of 30-06 empty blanks that a friend gave me. I put them in my M1 thinking I could use them like I do my fake rounds. I dry fire with the fake rounds and then manually eject them. Well the real blanks that area empty locked the bolt. I can get it to open. Any thoughts or ways to fix? Didn't think they would do this. If I remove the trigger assembly will that hurt anything?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by vzqhsg; 11-21-2021, 03:19 PM.

1) Take the action out of the stock and detail strip it from underneath. Leave the op rod in place. You'll be able to get the clip and the remaining rounds out from the bottom so you'll only have 1 round in the rifle to contend with.
    2) Place the heel of the rifle on a hardwood block on the floor, muzzle up. KEEP IT POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
    3) WITH THE MUZZLE POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION, use the heel of your boot, shoe, or whatever and push on the finger-lever of the op rod. You may have to put some weight on it or "kick" it with your heel. Maybe a BMFH if you feel that's safer/easier. While doing this act, MAKE SURE THE MUZZLE IS POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
    4) Remove the offending round and don't do it again. The rounds obviously weren't sized correctly.
    Good luck. Keep us posted.
    Jon
    Last edited by TJT; 11-22-2021, 03:59 AM.

Comment

To prevent this in the future never use brass fired from another rifle unless it is sized first

Comment

Working...
      X