HRA mixmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HRA mixmaster

Just got my first Garand from cmp. Serial num. says 1955. It has a ww2 trigger guard and a SA 45 barrel. Did some ww2 parts get mixed in near end of production?

Your gun went thru a rebuild program post production. Are there any electric pencil etching on the right front receiver leg. If so what are they?

Comment

I agree with RDS. Also, does the stock have any rebuild stamps. It is also possible that the rifle was rebuilt partially or completely at CMP.
      Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

6528291 stamped on receiver leg, 6535892 SA on op rod, 6528290-SA in trigger assembly, 6528287-SA, A15 on bolt, 3SA1 45 on barrel. Stock has circle P on pistol grip, left side of stock has faint RIA and maybe EB in a square.

Comment

Total rebuild mixmaster.
          Jon

Comment

Thanks. I thought it might be. I got excited when I saw the early trigger guard but then found out HR didn't make we2 guns. CMP tag says 1/45 which seems to match barrel markings. Muzzle is 1+ and throat is 2. I joked with the wife that if this is a SA barrel I should switch it with my 1943 Springfield but don't think I will do that.

Comment

Many rifles still got hard use after the Korean war. Some for training, some were designated as "the" rifle to use from a rack, keeping the others relatively unused. Garands were overhauled and rebuilt into the 60's.
              The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
              The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

I have an October 43 Springfield from cmp. Tag from camp has Danish written on it and it has another repair tag of some sort on it dated 12/64.

Comment

My grandfather was in the army near the end of ww2. I have a recently acquired 1943 SA Garand. When he passed i was helping grandma go through some stuff and found a Garand clip he had brought home. I hope sometime soon all his grandsons can go to the range and put a clip full through a ww2 Garand using grandads' ww2 clip.

Comment

• TJT
                    TJT commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice find. Enjoy it.
                    Jon

Any tips on best way to remove crimped primers?

Comment

Run 'em thru a full-length sizer, then either swage the crimp or cut it out with a chamfer tool. I prefer the chamfer tool. Swaging can do weird things to the brass.
                    Jon

Comment

Thanks, I will do that

Comment

Working...
                      X