Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch Army Garand armorers gauges kit, could use some help

Hi there,

I'm new on this site but if you own a FAL you will know me from that site.
    Recently i received 3 gauges kits from the Dutch Army. One is clearly the FAL, one for UK weapons and this one is marked for the M1 Garand.
    Holland had used many garands in the lend lease program. You would be surprised till how long they stayed in service.

Several items i recognise as headspace go no/go. Firingpin controlers and so on. Some items, i have no clue. So, if you know what the use for is, please say so.

Also, as i collect mainly FN, can you please tell me it is a common, rare or extreme rare item? Or, any clue on a pricetag?

I do have some WW2 weapons but they serve to teach kids warhistory in class. They are interesting but not my corejob.

So, all comments are welcome.

Thanks Paco

Quite a find! Someone will be along shortly to identify and most likely try to buy your M1 stuff. As I’m first, are you wanting to sell to ex GI’s in the U.S.?

Comment

Some nice hardware in there Sir!
      m14brian

Comment

Originally posted by Beltfed View Post
        Quite a find! Someone will be along shortly to identify and most likely try to buy your M1 stuff. As I’m first, are you wanting to sell to ex GI’s in the U.S.?
        Thanks for the input.
        I know where they come from and for sure, there should be no reason why they "composed" the set as they used it till not so long ago...

All gages/tools have different markings, some seems to be custom made by Artillerie Inrichtingen in Zaandam (AR10 factory). That might explain why some items look a bit odd.
        As for the English set, it says on the outside "English weapons". Since the Dutch Army had No 1 and 4 Enfield + Bren, the set would contain gages custom to there needs.
        I might consider ebay or gunbroker? Got a number in mind , or drop a PM if you are interested your self.
        As they say, make me an offer i can't resist ; )

Comment

I know Gas cyl gauge is there. Fantastic set.

Comment

It appears you have a complete set. Gas cylinder gauges, op rod piston gauge, barrel gas port gauge, firing pin protrusion gage, headspace gauges, field test bolt.
            Nice find.

Comment

Nice find... if you post it on one of the sites let us know. I have not seen a set before like that without a throat erosion gage as one of the gages, clearly it was not included. I am always interested in gages and gage sets.. regards

Comment

Working...
              X