My 9/53 garaand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 9/53 garaand

RDS requested more pictures and info of my RRAD birch stock and rifle that was posted in another topic.
    Sorry, it is not a RRAD rebuild.
    I always wanted a garand from my birth month and year (9/53) but never saw one for sale so I decided to build my own.
    A 9/53 (MW-2 TE-4) barrel finally came up for sale on the CMP forum and I also bought a 4 mil receiver on the forum too.
    I had the RRAD birch stock since 2008. I believe my winning bid on ebay was around $35.00.
    After I assembled the rifle with parts from the time period, checked head space and test fired it, I sent the rifle to Shuff's to get it parkerized. Now all I need were matching birch hand guards. About 5 or 6 years ago at the Forks of the Delaware show in Allentown, PA., Bill Ricca had a set of birch hand guard on consignment. They matched my stock perfectly so I was able to complete my rifle.

jak
    Staff Sergeant
    Last edited by jak; 07-09-2021, 04:28 PM.

more pics.

Comment

I took it to the range 7/5. The ammo was HXP 78. It's getting more difficult every time to see that piece of paper !!!!!

Comment

• TJT
        TJT
        Gunnery Sergeant
        TJT commented
        Editing a comment
        What yardage? I gotta' say, that's one sexy-looking M1 rifle.
        Jon

Thank You for posting. That is a very nice looking rifle and shoots great too. I got you by six months. It took me years to find my birth date M1 Garand.

Comment

Jon, 100 yards

Comment

What a beauty!

Comment

Looks good, shoots good. Can't shake a stick at that. Slick build bud!

Comment

Absolutely STUNNING good sir! You do truly excellent work! She’s a looker for sure. Something to be proud of!

Keep em shooting!
            Last edited by SA1941; 08-11-2021, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Great build...thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
              X