What Garand is Your Favorite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Garand is Your Favorite?

Hi everybody! I'm new to this forum and I look forward to meeting you all.
    There were quite afew garand manufactures, so I was wondering which one is you guys' favorites.
    Springfield Armory
    50.00%
    Winchester Repeating Arms
    30.00%
    International Harvester
    20.00%
    Harrington and Richardson
    0%

I voted SA as I have a strong passion for Gas Trap parts...however I do get excited when I find a Winchester Part!

Scott

Comment

My favorite garand has nothing to do with manufacture but how it shoots.

Comment

My 11-65 SA rebuilt IHC which is my match rifle. 2nd choice is my fully correct post war SA. Third, my fully correct HRA, the first Garand I purchased. But, I still have to consider the M1D I built from scratch with all USGI parts. ​​​​​

Comment

All of mine are my favorite.
          Looking for SA bayonet 1045220

Comment

I like "corn binders" (IHC). As a kid I drove IHC tractors. But any M1 built in 1953 is on my list. On a side note IHC was one of the largest suppliers of military equipment in WWII. IHC was awarded 24 Army-Navy E awards during WWII. They built everything from trucks, halftracks, bulldozers, prime movers, torpedoes. 57mm anti tank guns and much much more.

Comment

My favorite is the one I got from the DCM back in '81 (SA 3.7 RRAD rebuild). You really had to "earn" them back then and the wait time was 15-18 months and no mfg choice. You got what you got and were damn glad to get it.
              Jon

Comment

Probably my RM1SPECIAL from the CMP. It's not a collector's item but is essentially a brand new rifle that shoots well, is reliable, and the stock set is comfortable in the hands and points naturally. The serial # dates the receiver to Feb 1943.
                Last edited by Smokey; 07-09-2021, 11:52 AM.
                The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
                The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

My fave is my win-13, but I shoot vintage sniper with my sa
                  m1d which gets a second nod from me.

Comment

Working...
                  X