Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone done a Project Appleseed event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone done a Project Appleseed event?

Just curious what they are like and what they are all about. Did a little bit of reading and it looks like whatever they are you burn through some ammo. They suggest something like 500 rounds for a two day event!

Anyway...there is one like 75 miles from my house this summer and im curious if its something worth doing.

I attended a 2 day Appleseed event about 7 years ago. It was well worth the time and effort. A Ruger 10/22 with 4 or 5 mags works best. One guy has an AR. I had a Mossberg 44 bolt rifle. The first day is a lot of instruction. The 2nd day is more shooting. Read and follow all the "How to prepare" info on their website. I plan on going to another Appleseed event again.
    Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

I heard there is a lot of patriotic and historic talk about the intentions of the founding fathers as well. I have been wanting to go.
      m14brian

Comment

Not being snarky but is it 2 days of patriotic talk and shooting a .22?

Comment

Maybe, but I plan on taking my AR so technically it would be 2 days of patriot talk and .223 for me lol. But from what I understand scoring expert on the AQT is the goal then get a rifleman patch. There's supposed to be good coaching during the shooting portions regarding different shooting positions which is cool.
          m14brian

Comment

Got ya. That makes more sense.

Comment

Whether the first I attended or the many I volunteered at, every Appleseed event I attended including Instructor Boot Camp was a great success. It's a hard combo to beat with rousing recitation of the events of April 19, 1775 along with excellent instruction on sling supported field positions for a bargain price!

My favorite patriot has always been Samuel Whittemore, that was one tough old guy. Unfortunately I'm no longer near any Appleseeds now that I've retired.

Comment

Working...
              X