Who actually uses their Garand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who actually uses their Garand?

In our previous home I had been charged by bear and moose. I carried a Garand loaded with 180gr softpoint handloads ready for a sudden shot. (It was also good arm exercise.) A local ordinance prohibited any construction of a shooting range, so I shot down an old logging road into a natural backstop. I would hang a tarp from low branches to catch the empties. Recovered all but a few. The rifle balances nicely and carries well even with the weight, and the issue sights worked well for plinking, targets, hunting and sudden close-in "surprises". Still use a Garand in our new location.
    The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
    The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

In Pa semi auto rifles are not allowed for deer or bear hunting. Used to shoot CMP matches. Matches were a lot of fun.

Comment

CMP matches and target shooting. I still have surplus HXP and LC from CMP.
      Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

I live in PA and self loaders have limitations but lots of rounds over the years in matches and range work.

Comment

Going to the range tomorrow to ladder test a Garand in 7.62. I screwed up the last test. Shoot them all the time.

Comment

Taking day off work on Monday, heading to range then

Comment

Use the M1 rifle in the field, loaded w/ Remington 168 gr. TSX and GarandGear Ported Gas Plug, as a camp and woods hunting rifle, for deer and hogs.

GR

Comment

I hunt with mine all the time. Of course they see lots of range time too

Comment

I use mine in competition. Too difficult to use a bolt gun left-handed in the rapid fire strings.
                  Jon

Comment

Working...
                  X