Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Service grade garands on back order again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service grade garands on back order again?

Hey Everyone,

Just heard that the CMP is saying the service grade HR and SA guns are currently back ordered. Any truth to this? What will it mean to orders already in?

...hoping they don't run out.
    Last edited by Quak; 05-05-2021, 11:25 PM.

For whatever it’s worth the website is still listing service and field grade rifles for sale.

Comment

I saw that...I would call but getting them on the phone is next to impossible.

Comment

If they are listed on sales page they are available, they are listed......................

Comment

SA and H&R are back ordered, I confirmed this via email with them on a pending order I had. I recommend shooting them an email, I did and it resulted in me receiving a WRA service grade. Came to me this week. As of earlier this week they had a couple field grades available I believe.

Comment

I’m curious is the back order a supply issue or just an issuing of processing and rebuilding the rifles they have in stock?

Comment

Thats what id like to know. Id prefer not to pay additional for a WRA receiver

Comment

They are available, its just a 14-16 week wait. CMP does not build service grades, they are just behind with orders.It takes time to fill orders and they also have to go through rifles and grade them
                This is nothing unusual, happens every time people start panic buying
                Back in DCM days it could take up to a year for rifle to arrive and you had no choice of grade
                Last edited by Orlando; 05-05-2021, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Thank you Orlando. Great info...much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando View Post
                    They are available, its just a 14-16 week wait. CMP does not build service grades, they are just behind with orders.It takes time to fill orders and they also have to go through rifles and grade them
                    This is nothing unusual, happens every time people start panic buying
                    Back in DCM days it could take up to a year for rifle to arrive and you had no choice of grade
                    Thanks for the input and historical knowledge. Very much appreciated, still rolling around putting in an order in.

Comment

Just an update, the CMP website is showing service grade rifles as being sold out as of today, 05/06/21.

Comment

Damn...now im nervous again. Sent one in via snail mail a week ago today. Guess ill see if they cash the check. This kind of thing ever happen before on the service grades?
                        Last edited by Quak; 05-06-2021, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Perhaps that was a stupid question. Of course its happened before. What do they typically do? Refund your money or will they let you wait? I sent an email in to enquire and will share my results.

I hope they just let me wait it out...im in no hurry for it
                          Last edited by Quak; 05-06-2021, 10:43 PM.

Comment

If your order is already in you will get a rifle......................................

Comment

Originally posted by Quak View Post
                              Perhaps that was a stupid question. Of course its happened before. What do they typically do? Refund your money or will they let you wait? I sent an email in to enquire and will share my results.

I hope they just let me wait it out...im in no hurry for it
                              The website says they will try and fill orders that are in house already but if they cannot they will reach out via email.

either way, I’m sure you’ll be fine. Reading through the CMP forums it looks like this isn’t the first time this has happened. Seems like a lot of panic buying right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X