Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me find a moderator at the CMP forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone help me find a moderator at the CMP forums?

Ive been waiting for some type of approval for a couple of weeks and haven't heard anything. When i try to report the issue i get an error. I need some help getting into the sport and it seems like the place to ask questions.

THIS is THE PLACE to ask your questions. You'll get honest answers, not opinionated rhetoric and without ANY of the drama that plages the cmp forums. You also won't have to wait weeks or months to get "Approved" for membership. I haven't been on the cmp forums in 6 years and I don't miss them. Great bunch of guys here with a plethora of knowledge. Some of us here (myself included) have over 40 years of studying, collecting and shooting the M1 rifle. We're a rather knowledgeable group. In my opinion, you won't find a better M1 rifle forum than this one, right here. Pull up a chair, sit down, and ask away. Oh yah, welcome to the addiction.
    Jon

Comment

Hey Jon,

thanks for the welcome and I agree this is a great forum. The questions I was hoping to have answered over there weren’t necessarily M1 questions though. For example I’m curious about the new rule allowing an optic. This doesn’t not interest me in the least but building a NM AR15 does. Is there a separate division for the iron sighted ARs? Who it about the M1a’s? Can an optic be used on them? Again I’m only interested in shooting the irons.

umtimate goal is to have an m1, M1a, and AR setup for competition. Just need some pointing in the right direction

Comment

TJT is right, if it wasn't so I wouldn't say so, He is highly knowledgeable in all things M1, Orlando, RDS, CCyooper, jak, SA1941, and several others are as well, Bubba and a couple others are Gas Trap experts, Phil McGrath and a few others know all about the .308 Win Garands, myself and NF1E and several others are pretty knowledgeable about the M14/M1A, Lapriester among others are pretty much experts on the AR-15 type modern sporting rifles, RCS knows more historical details and facts in a wide array of firearms subjects. Several members here know a lot about M1903s and M1 Carbines also, we have law enforcement on board, expert machinists (IRON WORKER), several real firearms collectors with extensive knowledge on board, people knowledgeable about pistols and self defense training, some rifle and pistol shooting experts. Most things a guy could ever want covered in the firearms world are available here, by people that really know, there's no reason to go anywhere else. We are a relatively drama free forum as well, and that's worth a lot! You're in good hands here, no need to fall in the same trap that newbies do and ask lots of people the same thing, you will end up with many different answers and not know who to trust. If some random new member comes on posting false info or nonsense, we call them out on it.
        m14brian

Comment

The only drawback here is it is still a relatively smaller forum so it can take a while to get answers, most guys aren't up all night.
          m14brian

Comment

This is a far better forum than CMP’s. I migrated to this forum from there and couldn’t be happier here. I got fed up with the BS I was putting up with and just nonsense in general. I have not logged in or posted to CMP’s forum for a long time now, and I have no intentions of doing so in the future. We have great mods here, and no crap to put up with in addition to having some great members new and old. Glad you came to us first, as I believe you will have a much better experience.
            Last edited by SA1941; 04-07-2021, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Well...thanks for the heads up guys...ill can the idea of joining over there and just get more active over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Quak View Post
                Well...thanks for the heads up guys...ill can the idea of joining over there and just get more active over here.
                Please do.
                Jon

Comment

I just joined up here, I am also on the CMP forum. There is not much "shooting" discussion over there and that is where my interests lie. Seems like it is just a big flea market and most folks just seem to want the perfect rifle.

I don't even want to get started on the M1911 mess that is going on over there.

I am not against anyone collecting or trying to make their rifle correct. I have not looked around here much but from what I have seen,,,I like it.

Eric

Comment

People seem nice here that's for sure

Comment

Working...
                    X