Finally getting a real M1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally getting a real M1

Well, I have finally got all of my documents and forms together and mailed my order for a SA or H&R Service Grade M1 off to CMP today. Now the waiting begins. I'm hoping for an SA but will be happy with either. Wish me luck. What is the average wait time these days? I'm definitely patient and know that everything is slow these days, but am just curious what kind of realistic wait time I should be expecting.

I currently have my late dad's 7XXXXXX serial numbered SIA replica Garand and am really excited to be getting a real Garand now. That rifle was his pride and joy. I just recently learned it was a replica and I wonder if he knew. He was a WWII buff and absolutely loved Garand's so I'm not sure why he didn't buy a real one. Maybe they weren't available when he bought his (1989?)? I know my dad is looking down on me with a big grin knowing what is coming my way. I just wish he was still around to show it to him and let him shoot when it gets here.
    Last edited by HappyCloud41; 03-12-2021, 04:00 PM.

Good luck with your wishes.

Comment

Haven't heard many bad things about the Springfield Armory Incorporated rifles. You'll now have a real historical GI rifle, and the one from your father you can also cherish and use. Several years ago I got a CMP Special for use on my land and protection from bear and moose. I also have a DCM (I'm an old fart) Garand that seems to have the original barrel and mostly older production parts.
      The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
      The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
        . I also have a DCM (I'm an old fart) Garand .
        You're not alone in either scenario. Old Farts Unite !!!!!
        Jon

Comment

Working...
        X