USGI buttplates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USGI buttplates?

Picked these up NOS with same VPI as NOS M14 parts from 60's Two different die struck buttplate and one with M
    Anyone?
    Attached Files

More pics of buttplates
    Attached Files

Comment

Few more of VPI Click image for larger version

Name:	0312210740a-1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	28556

Comment

In all my years of messing with garands and handling hundreds of butt plates I have never seen a USGI plate stamped with any letters

Comment

Me neither ,but I've looked these over ,measured them mounted in stocks . They look legit ,you can see light storage contact from being stacked together . I would say repack in large box . The key is the VPI paper ,this paper is same paper seen on many SA NOS M14 parts ,gas cylinders,flash suppressor. From 60's

Comment

They look like they have been refinished as it doesn’t look like a WWII type finish. However, that said they look like new butt plates. I don’t recall the letter M but I seem to remember someone posting a similar butt plate a few years ago on the CSP or CMP forum and people just thought it was an armorers mark etc. I could be imagining that because my searches have come back null.

Comment

I figured they were arsenal repacks , the lighter one I figured for sure was repark . But really just trying to be certain these are USGI .

Comment

One looks like manganese phosphate, the lighter one looks like zinc phosphate or put in a park tank with a weak solution.
                Last edited by Beltfed; 03-13-2021, 02:09 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

Yes , and I believe the lighter greys were found on 60's era repack parts.

Comment

NOS parts would not have been arsenal refinshed /repacked

Comment

Can't say they have been refinished just making a guess, there is no wear on either one . I'm not sure how NOS buttplate were shipped ? It appears these were stacked on top of each other hence the VPI inside. Probably in a larger box .

Comment

Working...
                      X