CMP WRA Field Grades ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMP WRA Field Grades ???

Has anyone here ordered a WRA field grade from the CMP recently? If so, please post your experience and thoughts on the rifle(s) received.
    Thanks!
    Welcome to the Addiction!

I made a couple trips to the north store a few months ago and almost all were mix masters with the receiver being the only Winchester part on the majority. Probably 80% USGI wood and one cartouche during my first visit. I would assume the mail in purchases would be similar in experience.

Comment

I made the mistake of ordering one last Aug I think, months later I was offered an upgrade to a SG. I got it in Nov, only WRA part was the receiver which was covered from one end to the other with pitting and heavy active rust. There was rust on most all the parts and rust in the 54 SA barrel. But it came in CMP wood, lipstick on a pig. I scrubbed and soaked it in Kroil for several days and got the active rust cleaned up but nothing I could do with the pitting. The receiver was mostly brown. The only thing SG were the barrel numbers, it was a low level rack grade in my opinion with new wood. I took it to the TMP and found it shot quite well but by the time I got home it was rusted again. I should have sent it back but I parted it out and sold the B/R. Think this broke me from mail order, 2 of the last three have been dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodak71 View Post
        I made the mistake of ordering one last Aug I think, months later I was offered an upgrade to a SG. I got it in Nov, only WRA part was the receiver which was covered from one end to the other with pitting and heavy active rust. There was rust on most all the parts and rust in the 54 SA barrel. But it came in CMP wood, lipstick on a pig. I scrubbed and soaked it in Kroil for several days and got the active rust cleaned up but nothing I could do with the pitting. The receiver was mostly brown. The only thing SG were the barrel numbers, it was a low level rack grade in my opinion with new wood. I took it to the TMP and found it shot quite well but by the time I got home it was rusted again. I should have sent it back but I parted it out and sold the B/R. Think this broke me from mail order, 2 of the last three have been dogs.
        So did you get a SG or FG ? I just put in a order for a FG Win and SG spring/HRA . Hopefully a Springfield as I already have a HRA . I included a note like everyone says to do , so I guess we’ll see if it does me any good

Comment

I ordered a FG WRA but was much later offered a WRA SG. I upgraded to that for an additional $100 and got the above described pitted, rusted up dog of a rifle. This was NOT a SG IMO with the exception of the barrel numbers. I would call it a low rack grade for $950. No idea how many like this have gone out but typically the only ones that get posted about are the very nice ones.

Comment

Working...
          X