Grand upcoming sale question.v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand upcoming sale question.v

I plan on putting a late WWII Garand up for sale here. It is a Springfield in good shape. The rifle gauges very well as far as muzzle and bore, and no-go gauges. I would like a establish a reasonable price for it. Not that gun broker stuff. It a ‘mix master’ parts rifle with sanded stock. Parked by Hawkeye Refinishing several years ago. In other words a good shooter, nothing more. I will throw in late date LC ammo on en bloc clips. What do you think something like that is worth?
    Attached Files
    Starts
    01-29-2021
    Ends
    01-29-2021

Original barrel? If so, I wouldn't ask less than $1200. Replacement barrel? No less than $1000 if you want to sell it at a bargain. I saw a Field Grade quality rifle with a worn bore and worn finish sell at a local Gun Shop, in a small market area, sell for $1500 in the last year and a Service Grade sell for $1750. Don't short change yourself. Garand prices are high out there in the real world. Don't judge what the market prices are based on what CMP might have or does sell them for. Put a "watch" on some of those on Gunbroker and see what the sell for. That's more of an indication than anything else. Penny starting priced Garands are selling for more that $1000.

Comment

Sir, Thank you for the heads ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Beltfed View Post
        Sir, Thank you for the heads ups.
        BTW, These days that ammo is worth the price of gold so you might reconsider giving it away. Spam cans of Greek HXP are selling for as much as $450 on Gunbroker. $450 with bids and time left when I looked at it earlier. Crazy times.

Comment

The stock on this rifle is a little rough. I might change it out to a Springfield cartouche one in great shape. Also, would it increase selling price if I applied my green tint to it? I used to be in the parkerizing business and have stocks and small parts for Garands.
          Last edited by Beltfed; 02-04-2021, 09:43 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Barrel is correct for receiver number. Dated ‘45. The mismatched parts are early to mid war years. As I have a number of Garands, I might be able to make it correct by changing or trading the more desirable mid war parts.

Comment

It needs a type 3 locking bar rear sight.
              Jon

Comment

TJT.....I know.

Comment

Working...
                X