Is it worth $3000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it worth $3000?

A good friend is selling off all his rifles due to health issues. His Garand is a Winchester that looked to be all original when I last saw it years ago. It came directly from the military to the youth program at our gun club. The club auctioned them off years ago due lack of interest. I WILL tear it down and inspect. Is such a rifle, if all original Winchester, worth 3 grand? Thanks

Depends , what is serialof rifle and is it "really " original. Need "alot" more information. Just becuase its all WRA parts does not make it correct or original.

Comment

Will be picking it for inspection early this week. I hope you guys are willing to help me inspect it to verify it’s originally.

Comment

As long as you do your part we can help. Just need detailed pictures and info of all parts

Comment

Four big deals that turn a $1000 Winchester into a $3000 Winchester are an original gas cylinder, original rear lockbar sight, original barrel and original stock with the proper Cartouches. Missing just the stock, and your desire to make it correct, could cost you $1000 alone.

Comment

"Original" does not mean replaced or "corrected". ANY rifle can be "corrected" at any time. A rifle is only "original" ONCE--that is the day it's crated and shipped from the arsenal. To prove "original" it needs undisputable provinance. That does not mean a "he brought it home" story via word of mouth. Buy the rifle, NOT the story.
            Jon

Comment

Well, after looking at this all original... it’s not. Thanks for all the help. Still a very clean and nice rifle. Should bring pretty good money when and if it hits the market. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X