Just field stripped my H&R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just field stripped my H&R

After owning my M1 for 27 years (Cmp purchased) I was reading about arsenal rebuilding markings. My stock only has the circle P and square with 3 stars and an eagle. So I wanted to check all the markings.
    it appears I have non arsenal rebuild H&R with all H&R parts. Trigger group, bolt, op rod and barrel are all H&R. Is this unique? Do all rebuilds have the arsenal stamp? It also has white 1" tall rack numbers on the stock

You probably have an original H&R. The stock cartouches are correct your rifle. 1950's era rifles in correct or original condition are easier to find than WWII rifles in the same condition. The rack number is just what it is...a rack number.
    Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

Thanks for the information jak!!!

Comment

Actually, as far as the stock, it might or might not be an original HRA stock. The Cartouches are not nearly as important as the shape of the stock. Specifically the shape behind the top of the receiver. SA's have a very narrow "porch" behind the receiver, HRA's have a wide, slightly off center "porch". The circle P proof will be sanserif like this P.
        Also 5.6 and higher had a 1/2” DAS stamp and 5.6 and lower a 3/8” with some overlap in between.

Comment

How about unmarked parts, are they HRA?

Comment

I will post some pictures of the stock when I get a chance. How would I know if unmarked parts are HRA?

Comment

I guess thats what I was going at...Just becuase all the "marked" parts are HRA doesnt not make a rifle correct or riginal
              There are identifying characteristics of unmaked parts that can identify manufacture. This would take work on your part, complete dissasembly of the rifle and clear close up pictures taken from possibly several different ares of parts

Comment

Working...
              X