Garand stock makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garand stock makers

I am in the process of having a Garand built in 7x57mm. I am going to make a "babydoll" out of it and have a beautiful tiger maple blank to have cut for the stock set. I am looking for a stock maker who uses the early or pre-WWII pattern. None of the biggies like Boyd's or DuPage will do it. I sent one blank out to a guy who said he had the early pattern & it came back in the very late configuration. I don't want to make the same mistake twice. Thanks for any tips.

Getting a stock modified to WWII size and configuration these days is going to be a difficult undertaking at best. I certainly can't think of anyone who does it anymore and doing it yourself will prove to be virtually impossible. I tried once, took my sweet time in the process and pretty much failed miserably. Even getting the newer stocks down to anything close to post war is going to be difficult and no manufacturer does that either.

Comment

http://gunstockduplicating.com/

Did you contact these guys ? Maybe they will do a it if you send them a pre-WWII stock so they can copy it.

Comment

Working...
      X