Bullet Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullet Guide

I have a Winchester Garand, approximately September 1941 mfg. Fires great and is very accurate. Just did a break down for full cleaning and found that there is no bullet guide. Many guides out there but not sure which to buy. None seem to be for that early model Winchester. Since all Garand parts are supposed to be interchangeable, will I be OK with any one of them?

You would need the B8875W.R.A. bullet guide, they are around and most have been rebuilt with a touch of chrome to correct. Any bullet guide will work
    Last edited by RCS; 12-28-2020, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I'm wondering how you got it to function properly without the bullet guide. It's an integral part to the op rod locking back when empty and releasing when a fresh, full clip of ammo is inserted.
      Jon

Comment

No bullet guide? That must be a misprint, right? Did you shoot it single shot?

Seriously, shooting any vintage rifle without first taking it apart, cleaning it, inspecting it, correctly lubricating it is foolishness to begin with. Though I'm trying not to be overly critical it rates as a DUH factor X10. Not doing so can have some very serious, damaging and dangerous complications. So many bad things can happen with a 70 year old weapon and 50,000# of pressure sitting right next to your face.

Comment

Working...
        X