Recoil Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recoil Pads

I have a M1 Garand that is being custom restored. I have not fired it yet but at age 70 I would like to find a recoil pad that will be easy on the shoulder. Does anyone have direct knowledge of a Garand specific pad?

Unless your shoulder is just hanging on by a thread, you really shouldn't need one. The M1 won't beat you up like a bolt gun will.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Smoke View Post
      I have a M1 Garand that is being custom restored. I have not fired it yet but at age 70 I would like to find a recoil pad that will be easy on the shoulder. Does anyone have direct knowledge of a Garand specific pad?
      I used a slip on, not because of the recoil but the Garand was made for midgets! :-) The slip on didn't require the stock to be altered and added 1 1/2" to the length of pull. That was enough to keep my thumb from punching me in the nose when wearing light cloths.

Comment

The Pachmayr Decelerator slip on pad only increases length of pull by 3/4 of an inch. I use it on all M1 and M14/M1a rifles to increase length. Doesn’t squish or roll over. Also, my bad eyes need to be farther behind the rear aperture to get any focus so it helps.

Comment

Kilo-Thank you. Do you know what size Pachmayr Decelerator fits:

M1 Garand?
          M14 LRB?

Comment

Was there an answer to what SIZE Pachmyar Recoil Pad fits the M1 Garand? They come in small m, medium and large? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X