Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Receiver worn or am I missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiver worn or am I missing something?

So I recently bought a 1.2 million Winchester from CMP and today I tried to load a clip in it. Clip would not depress into the magazine well so I assumed something was in backwards inside. After disassembly I found it all put together correctly.

Upon further inspection I noticed that the front of the trigger housing sticks out slightly into the magazine well (see pics) and was catching the bottom of the clip as I tried to depress it. I checked for worn lugs on the trigger guard but they look fine. I also tried several clips in the gun and they all did got stuck. I tried the same clips in my other M1's with no snags. I also tried 3 other trigger housing groups in the receiver and they all stuck out slightly into the magazine well. I also put my Winchester trigger housing into my other M1's and is sat flush with the magazine well allowing clips to be inserted. This narrowed it down to an issue with the Winchester receiver itself.

I looked at the groove on the inside of the receiver on the op rod side where the trigger housing slides into (see pics) and noticed that on the Winchester the groove is off center and on my IHC and SA the groove is in the middle. In theory that seems it would allow the front of the trigger housing group to be closer to the magazine well and stick out.

Is this difference in the grooves normal? If so what could be allowing the trigger housing to protrude into the magazine well? Sorry for the long post but I'm lost on this one. Google didn't know either. Appreciate any help!

Centered groove from IHC and SA

Comment

Take the stock off the rifle and insert and lock the trigger group in rifle. Now try a clip and see that happens. Your stock may be causing the trigger group from laying parallel with the receiver.

Comment

Email CMP customer service and explain the issue,they will send a prepaid shipping label to return rifle. They will make it right [email protected]

Comment

Stock was off and it is still pushing into the mag well as pictured above. Ill get ahold of CMP and see if its something they can fix. If its not able to be repaired I assume I'd be able to choose another rifle? Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
          X