Cause of stock/trigger housing gap??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cause of stock/trigger housing gap??

I saw this picture earlier. What would cause the large gap between the stock and the floorplate/trigger housing? It appears the trigger housing isn't being pulled up tight. Is that common? How is it fixed?
    Last edited by olddog; 08-26-2020, 01:48 AM.

Improper assembly, shrunken or compressed wood.
    Jon

Comment

I have a stock that went thru a rebuild. Ordnance glued wood shims on both sides of that area of the stock. Shims are about 1/4 inch thick. Stock now locks up tight. Check the stock in question to see if it had shims that were removed.

Comment

Thank you guys. I appreciate the replies. I don't own the gun, I just hadn't seen that much gap before and wondered what the cause was. RDS - do you mean the gap on yours was 1/4"?
        Last edited by olddog; 08-26-2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

The shims that were glued in during rebuild are approx.. 1/4 inch in height. The gap must have been similar to the stock you posted. I surmise that ordnance milled the stock to a predetermined depth to remove any crushed or oil soaked wood. I'll have to take a measurement as they maybe 3/8 inch in height.

Comment

Ok. That makes sense they'd want to get to good wood. Thanks again for the info!

Comment

Working...
            X