No announcement yet.

CMP stock that came with Winchester Garand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I normally use raw linseed oil for the reason it does dry slowly. When applied a couple times a day for weeks, it soaks deep into the wood and stabilizes it against changes in weather, temperature and humidity. I did that with my "match" Garand and it held zero throughout the year.
    The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
    The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Well reloading is and possibly the way of our future, I have been looking at different loading Riggs and it ranges from $600.00 to over $2,000.00 for some of the finer equipment. Some casings are not reloadable, but the 150gr bullets and preferred powder is.The primer caps are the issue, I have found everything but that, my question is are most caps universal for all cal. Or do need to buy 30/06 primer caps for our application. AJ

Comment

• lapriester
        lapriester commented
        Editing a comment
        Most all large rifle primers or magnum large rifle primers will do fine if you can find them. Even the cheapest Lee single stage bench press setup will load just fine. The expensive stuff is generally progressive snd only an advantage if you are high volume loading. Progressives actually present many issues that can result in less accurate ammo especially using the powders corresponding to Garand reloading.

Hi lapriester: thank you for the reply. After much thought I’ve decided not to go that route. Several reasons for that decision, my age was one of them, and my Gal had many concerns, not to bore you with The details, several Troopers I am acquainted with stepped up,and really solved my ammo issue. To them I am grateful. HNY AJ

Comment

Originally posted by AJ Brink View Post
        Hi lapriester: thank you for the reply. After much thought I’ve decided not to go that route. Several reasons for that decision, my age was one of them, and my Gal had many concerns, not to bore you with The details, several Troopers I am acquainted with stepped up,and really solved my ammo issue. To them I am grateful. HNY AJ
        If you happened to be located in northern California I could easily solve your Garand ammo supply problem. But, what I have would be far too costly to even think of shipping it anywhere.

Comment

hey .Corporal: No I live in North Texas out in the country, I fire at a country range off I-20 have a club house, really nice clean facility, I usually fire on the 100yd range, the club house has Ammo for sale and a cleaning area, it’s expensive, closed until February they do needed repairs, and improvements. Thank you for the offer, HNY AJ.

Comment

Working...
          X