Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie here, both to the Forum and to M1's, too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here, both to the Forum and to M1's, too.

I recently received my CMP Service Grade M1, with new CMP stock, and thought I would do a field strip, just to familiarize myself with the process. After all, reading about it only goes so far. I immediately had difficulty with opening the trigger guard. I did a search of this forum and found this recent post https://www.m1garandforum.com/forum/...uard#post23993 with a response by Orlando (moderator). The included photo was very effective in reinforcing his advice! Although the post was about closing the trigger guard, somehow I had a feeling the advice for opening would be the same.

I tried again, this time putting considerably more "Oomph!" into the effort. The trigger guard opened and the assembly came out, just as advertised. When it was time to re-assemble, I ran into the same stubbornness described in the above-mentioned post. Again, simply adding a good bit of extra "Oomph!" did the trick.

So, thanks, all, for the help you have already provided. I look forward to learning more about this wonderful piece of American history, and the M1 Garand Forum looks like a great resource!

Welcome in and congrats on getting your M1!
    m14brian

Comment

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
        Yep...they can be a little stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by richard_02-'45 View Post
          I recently received my CMP Service Grade M1, with new CMP stock, and thought I would do a field strip, just to familiarize myself with the process. After all, reading about it only goes so far. I immediately had difficulty with opening the trigger guard. I did a search of this forum and found this recent post https://www.m1garandforum.com/forum/...uard#post23993 with a response by Orlando (moderator). The included photo was very effective in reinforcing his advice! Although the post was about closing the trigger guard, somehow I had a feeling the advice for opening would be the same.

I tried again, this time putting considerably more "Oomph!" into the effort. The trigger guard opened and the assembly came out, just as advertised. When it was time to re-assemble, I ran into the same stubbornness described in the above-mentioned post. Again, simply adding a good bit of extra "Oomph!" did the trick.

So, thanks, all, for the help you have already provided. I look forward to learning more about this wonderful piece of American history, and the M1 Garand Forum looks like a great resource!
          Welcome! A snug trigger guard is better than a loose one. Enjoy the rifle.

Comment

Working...
          X