F.N. ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F.N. ammo

I've been offered some FN 30.06 ammo. It's marked FN 57 and FN58.... A Google search suggests that 57 is corrosive and the 58 is not.... But more important to me is the pressure... I don't want to damage my brand new op rod so not sure if I should politely decline the offer.... Any thoughts appreciated.

Most definitely garand safe

Comment

Be on the safe side and double check the lot number on the cans. If that ammo is in the original can. A lot of the FN ammo that was shipped into the United States is MG ammo. I shoot machine guns. That was my experience
      happy Father's Day

Comment

And stay away from that Korean ammo with the K lot number. It will blow your gun up. It is MG ammo

Comment

Many years ago when I was an active competitor, one individual started showing up who picked up all the brass while we were downrange checking our targets. He would turn over your brass when you came to claim it. I still got annoyed at him. I bought a large batch of FN .M2 Ball, with Berdan primers. Let him try reloading that! Turns out it was some of the most accurate ammo I ever used. I still have some 200 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
            Many years ago when I was an active competitor, one individual started showing up who picked up all the brass while we were downrange checking our targets. He would turn over your brass when you came to claim it. I still got annoyed at him. I bought a large batch of FN .M2 Ball, with Berdan primers. Let him try reloading that! Turns out it was some of the most accurate ammo I ever used. I still have some 200 rounds.
            That's like touching another man's poker chips! Yuck!

Comment

Originally posted by GUNHEEP View Post
              Be on the safe side and double check the lot number on the cans. If that ammo is in the original can. A lot of the FN ammo that was shipped into the United States is MG ammo. I shoot machine guns. That was my experience
              happy Father's Day
              MG ammo rifle ammo same ammo....

The korean ammo isn't "MG" ammo either.

All perfectly fine for the garand.

Comment

Working...
              X