Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garand Safety Help

Hello All,
    I'm new to the site and have a question and need some help from the Garand gu-ru's about some odd Garand safety's I have. I was recently going thru the boxes of parts I have and came across these 3 odd WRA safety's. They're all round tops marked C46015-4-WRA. 2 have the marking down at the bottom (rt. side) and 1 has the marking up on top by the tooling hole (very faint, rt. side). All the info I have shows all WRA safety's as flat tops, no round. I've probably had these for 25+ years, might have removed them from a trigger housing break down. Can't remember for sure. Would anyone have any info on where these may have come from? Could they have been Springfield blanks sent to WRA to finish rifles? Maybe fake? Why would someone take the time and have the tooling to fake a $40 part and then use the wrong platform? Why 2 on bottom like a type 1H but be on rt side not left? And 1 on the top like a 1G and faint as if worn?
    If anyone might have some thoughts or info I'd sure appreciate you help and time. Thanks!

They may be from later production rifles-i.e. Win-13's.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks. Starting to get info from other sources that it's a good chance they're probably fake. Can't understand that for the life of me. Takes all kinds I guess.

Comment

They don't look "right" to me at all. On authentic USGI parts, the drawing numbers were stamped into the metal. Look for raised areas around the numbers, which would indicate where the displaced metal would have gone. Also, look at the font compared to authentic WRA parts. Additionally, look for very small starting / stopping points for a laser. Laser engraving was a common practice by some fakers, but lasers leave very obvious signs when you know what you're looking for.
        Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Need to remember many years ago parts were not near as plentiful and easy to find as they are today so they were faked, even though incorrectly. There are more garand parts available at cheaper prices today than I have seen them in many years.
          Last edited by Orlando; 05-10-2020, 04:01 PM.

Comment

They are 100% fake. Why have people faked WRA hammers too? Those exist too, have for many many years.

Comment

• RCS
              RCS commented
              Editing a comment
              Winchester barrels were faked in the early 1990's

Thanks all. Kind of figured they were not real, more that an oddball anomaly. I appreciate all the answers. Take care and stay safe!

Comment

Working...
            X