Springfield M1 Garand Serial No 1850668

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springfield M1 Garand Serial No 1850668

I have M1 Garand Serial No. 1850668 made I believe in 1940. I would like to have it completely refurbished. Wise or unwise?

I will most likely not shoot it. I have no intention of selling it. Will be passed on to kids.

Any recommendations on best rebuilder to contact?

check your serial number
    as a 1940 rifle would have a five digit serial number

Comment

Your are correct. It is a 7 digit serial number. More???

Comment

• RCS
        RCS commented
        Editing a comment
        You might be better to buy an original or corrected/restored rifle from the time period.

Finding the correct parts that match condition could take a long time

1.8 mil is 1943, ALOT cheaper to restore than a 1940 garand.

Comment

The OP didn't say restore but refurbish. I would guess he is talking about having the rifle refinished?

Comment

My apologies for not being more specific. I am thinking about having it restored, refinished, etc. Maybe someone like Miltech https://www.miltecharms.com/index.htm . Other suggestgions from those with experience are appreciated?

Comment

What kind of condition is your garand in ? Do it have all correct and original parts or has it been rebuilt ? This company is charging, $1895 + shipping handling, insurance and tax. For that price and probably less you can purchase a garand with all the correct parts and a nice correct stock. Personally, I would not spend almost $2000 on a wall hanger.
            Can you post some pictures of the garand and all the internal parts with the numbers stamps on them. Without that info, nobody can properly answer you question.

Comment

$135 you can have it refinished
              http://shuffsparkerizing.com/services/m1-garand/

Comment

Working...
              X