M1 Garand trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1 Garand trigger

Shot my M1 today. Only 10 rounds. Trigger works normal until gun is loaded, then trigger becomes VERY hard. Estimate in excess of 20 lbs pull.
    Could not "squeeze" the trigger, was necessary to"slap" the trigger very fast and hard. I believe it is binding on the new stock. This is a very recent rifle from CMP. One of the special rack grade, Winchesters. New Stock, New barrel.
    The trigger is normal until you load a clip, then it almost requires a come-a-long to pull the trigger. Any thoughts/ideas as to what the problem is.
    Thanks in advance.

E-mail customer service at CMP, [email protected] They will either have a armorer contact you or send you a return shipping label free. They will take care of you

Comment

I had an issue with my new CMP Special and they sent me a label and had me send it back and I had it back on my step that same week! Sent it out Monday and it was back on Friday. Those people are fantastic at repairing what they sell. Fantastic customer support.

Comment

I was in Fla. when I received this rifle. My home and tools were in Michigan. I have returned home and started looking real close at this problem and found that there was a problem with interference with the new stock. A small amount of scraping and sanding in the right area and the issue is solved. Trigger works as it is supposed to. No need to call CMP or ship the rifle back to them.

Comment

Here?

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando View Post
            Here?
            Yes, the exact spot.

Comment

Working...
            X