Where does one buy an M1 Garand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does one buy an M1 Garand?

Where does one buy a M1 Garand? I'm aware of the CMP but are there other places to shop? My local dealer has Garands 1600-2400 dollars, that's too rich for my wallet I like the CMP offerings but would like the forms advice on where else to look.

Good luck, you may just have to scour the gun shops, web and sale ads. Unfortunately the growth in demand for the product has driven up the cost. I'm seeing what are clearly not collectible M1 Garands and M1 Carbines bringing prices exceeding $1,500.

Comment

CMP is probably the best place for prices. You can go to gun shows to look and handle the rifles. If you are within driving distance of Allentown, Pa., you can go to the Forks of the Delaware gun shows. They have 5 shows a years. They mostly have historical arms. The last show there were plenty of garands and carbines. Most were over priced, but I did see a couple of somewhat reasonable prices. Also get some books and read up about garands and carbines. Scott Duff books are a good start. Knowledge is power. Don't depend on the seller for all the facts about the rifle. Buy the rifle....not the story.
      Last edited by jak; 02-19-2020, 07:16 AM.

Comment

They are for sale on various gun forums. You will pay more than CMP but I have seen very nice rifles in the $900 range. Look on the CMP marketplace for rifles sold by private individuals

Comment

Like M1a/M14s, you need to know what you're looking at. Prices/values depend on the rarity, quality and markings of the parts. When shopping, take along someone that knows about Garands.

What I find with most people/salesmen, is that the very best just so happens to be in their possession for an outrageous price.

Comment

If you are wanting to be able to see them in person and are too far from the stores, keep an eye out on the schedule of the matches. They were just in Phoenix this past week and the CMP had brought some rifles for sale (they had at least one bolt action for sale too). Events are currently on hold but when they resume, they will probably be bringing more Garands to the games.

Comment

I did just that (went to the Western Games)! I bought one of the CMP Specials, but I'm still waiting for it because living in Kalifornia it has to be shipped (I so envied the folks that could just "walk out" with them!). And with the current state of affairs, I may have to wait a bit longer.
              It's rather exciting! I'm a match shooter, but I've never had a Garand. Hell, I've not even shot one . . . !

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando View Post
                They are for sale on various gun forums. You will pay more than CMP but I have seen very nice rifles in the $900 range. Look on the CMP marketplace for rifles sold by private individuals
                Yes, and post a "WTB" for a rifle. I think you'll get a reply or three.

Comment

Yes the prices are crazy, corvid 19 this Biden bull, Harris is really scary, and let’s not forget Bedo, all this has caused prices to sore, I’ve seen prices as high as $5,000.00, totally over priced. Now mind you a nice piece for that price, but the example I seen was a total rebuild, of top parts, numbers you could see with out stripping down with the trigger guard. Just a few no cartushes, beautiful walnut stock.

Comment

Working...
                  X