Duff red book cover WRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duff red book cover WRA

I noticed that the red book cover WRA 2.4M rifle recently sold on GB for $7525. After looking at better pictures other than the few B&W’s in the book I have some questions for the experts and gurus. I understand this rifle has probably been looked at by the experts and I know internet photos can be deceiving based on lighting etc; however, if I saw this rifle as it looks in the pictures my first reaction would be it’s a restoration. It may just be me but the rifle just doesn’t have “that” look of an original rifle (consistent finish and wear). I’m not sure what a rounded plunger means without pictures but to me that is more consistent with post war SA, the WRA’s I’ve seen were flat sided. The -11 follower has been debated before, any thoughts. I’m just trying to learn. Without provenance at a gun show I would think the rifle would sell in the $2000-3250 range at most. Any comments?

IMO they paid for provenance ,picture on cover of Duffs book

Comment

• RCS
      RCS commented
      Editing a comment
      those three rifles on the cover are not all original

this is not my area of M1 collecting - but Winchester did not use serifs on their numbers on the followers 12 and 13. A Winchester number 11 follower it would seem, would also be without serifs. Are there any photos of a Winchester number 11 without serifs available ?

Comment

Working...
    X