Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas of what this stamp is on my receiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas of what this stamp is on my receiver?

I have a ‘43 SA, rearesenaled by LEAD in ‘65. Theirs some kind of tin sheet of metal that had been glued or something on the receiver. Just curious when or where this would have been put on it? Thx!
    Attached Files

Its a adhesive plastic rack number. Made it easier to identify rifles in a rack instead of looking at each ones serial number. Will see them on stocks, painted, brass tacks, plates etc
    Last edited by Orlando; 01-08-2020, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Sometimes you can determine what kind of rifle rack was used when the rack number was applied to the stock. Example this hand guard would have been in the "A" frame rack while the bottom of the pistol grip rack number would have been a wall rack Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010012_0012.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	22713Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010008_0008.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	22714

Comment

Ohhh, look at that stock

Comment

here is a photo of the rack number on a US Cavalry 1903 rifle. This was found by Rick B. in the CMP low number 1903 rifles some years ago, no way to know if the barreled action and stock were original to each other. The stock is an early rod bayonet conversion with a single stock bolt. This type of I.D. started with the trapdoor rifles and then the Krag, not often found on the 1903 rifles.

Ed Byrn's provided the information: Troop H 8th Cavalry Trooper #18

The 8th Cavalry went to Mexico in 1916 on the Punitive Expedition Click image for larger version

Name:	p1010006_0007.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	22727

Comment

Working...
          X