Trigger Assembly too loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger Assembly too loose

Having trouble with trigger assembly - falls out after 4-5 shots. I have tried putting shims in receiver/stock area, but it will not hold it in. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by RHow515 View Post
    Having trouble with trigger assembly - falls out after 4-5 shots. I have tried putting shims in receiver/stock area, but it will not hold it in. Any suggestions?
    This happened on one of my M1s. The lugs on the trigger guard were worn. A new trigger guard fixed the problem. I haven't priced these in a couple of years, but as I recall I bought a NOS trigger guard from a forum member and I think it was $35 +/-. Whatever the exact $$, it was not an expensive part.

JGW

Comment

Easiest and cheapest fix is to bed the bottom halve of the stock were trigger housing sits.

Comment

Originally posted by RDS View Post
        Easiest and cheapest fix is to bed the bottom halve of the stock were trigger housing sits.
        I did not try that with mine as I intended to use it for "As Issued" competition.

Question: If the trigger housing locking lugs are worn / out of round, is bedding the bottom half of the stock where the trigger housing sits a long term fix for the issue?

JGW

Comment

Loose lock up can be from worn trigger guard lugs and or compressed wood where trigger group sets.
          You can bend the guard so it stops it from falling out but that does not fix the lock up problem.
          Loose lock up affects accuracy. Best thing to do is replace trigger guard with one with perfect round lugs , replace stock with one with out compressed wood or bed the stock where the trigger group sets.
          Bedding of this area disqualifies you from as issued matches
          Just my pinion
          Last edited by Orlando; 01-05-2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X