Help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please.

Good afternoon everyone. I was wondering if any of y’all might be able to help me decide on this garand. I know nothing about M1 garands but this one is for sale local to me. I’ve wanted to add one to my collection but haven’t had time to research what to look for. Anyway these are the images I’ve gotten from the seller. He told me the stock is new production and it comes with the case from the CMP. The certificate is dated 2001 and I didn’t even know the program was selling them back then.

please take a look and let me know what you think. I’m trying to read and learn but time is short.

Only thing can tell you from the pictures its a Garand that was rebuilt by Springfield Armory April 1965. Have previosuly seen these 1960s rebuilds sell in the $1100-$1200 range. The market is alittle soft right now and the commercial stock hurts the value some. If rifle is in very good condition with very good bore would say $950-$1000

Comment

I agree with Orlando.

Comment

He must have stripped the GI wood for a cartouche. Your essentially getting today’s service grade as they are mostly coming with civilian stocks. No telling what other parts were swapped out so you have to determine how much of a premium you want to pay over a current service grade prices

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando View Post
          Only thing can tell you from the pictures its a Garand that was rebuilt by Springfield Armory April 1965. Have previosuly seen these 1960s rebuilds sell in the $1100-$1200 range. The market is alittle soft right now and the commercial stock hurts the value some. If rifle is in very good condition with very good bore would say $950-$1000
          That means his price is about right. $1300 with a few hundred rounds of ammo. (Depending on condition anyway)Thank you for the help. Now I’m going to have to go look at it.

Comment

I just got a nice one from CMP for $850. Nothing special about it though. Just an everyday M1.

I'd take my time and a good look if I was spending a grand on a Garand. LOL!!!

Comment

One can not learn enough in a session or two on the webs to make an educated decision. It takes YEARS of study to be able to make an educated guess.
              Jon

Comment

Were all these 60's rebuilds etched/marked like the one above with a month and year?

Comment

Early 1960 rebuilds were not etched on legs ,stocks were stamped with arsenal rebuild facility initials. I believe it was around 64 or so they started etching reviver legs
                  I have a gorgeous early 1960s RRAD rebuild that was stamped on the stock not etched on receiver
                  Last edited by Orlando; 12-14-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I would love to see a pic of your rebuild!

Comment

Here ya go
                      https://www.m1garandforum.com/forum/...rands/703-rrad

Comment

Beautiful rifle Bill!

Comment

Working...
                        X