Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Op Rod Question

Hey Guys,

I've been doing a lot of reading trying to educate myself on all the various Garand components and their functions. My first question please is regarding Op Rods. Since Op Rods have a couple of curves in them to function correctly, were those curves different for each revision, like a 6 SA vs a 9 SA for example? I see Op Rods for sale all the time and it got me thinking about how each one would pair up with a specific rifle.

One other question that came to mind please is why did the earlier Follower Rod go from a short to a long fork?

Thanks!
    James

They're all the same for all intents and purposes. The short fork follower had a habit of disengaging when shooting rifle-grenades so the long-fork follower was designed to stay engaged.
    Jon
    Last edited by TJT; 11-15-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TJT View Post
      They're all the same for all intents and purposes. The short fork follower had a habit of disengaging when shooting rifle-grenades so the long-fork follower was designed to stay engaged.
      Jon
      Makes sense, thanks Jon!

Comment

Any thoughts on the op rod question? Thanks!

Comment

Post deleted 11-17-19 @ 2000 hrs
          tjt
          Last edited by TJT; 11-17-2019, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I didn’t realize your answer included the op rods, just the follower rod. That’s why I followed up. Thanks!

Comment

The more I study this rifle the more I appreciate it and the man who designed it. My Dad lived with one during his time in the ETO and loved it. My other guns are just guns, the Garand is much more.

Comment

James,
                I can see why my answer confused you. You asked a 2 part question and I basically gave you a 1 part answer. I was tired and frustrated and didn't proof-read my response for clarity as I normally would have. I'll try to be a little more concise next time.
                Jon
                Last edited by TJT; 11-18-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

No problem at all, thanks Jon!

Comment

Working...
                  X