Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First CMP Purchase...Did I get lucky?

image url

The top one is a SA Jan 44 receiver with a SA Oct 43 barrel 1+me, 2+te (matching combo?), SA bolt Aug 44-Feb 45, SA trigger group Dec 42-Nov 44, and a SA op rod. The only non correct parts appear to be the stock (BA) and the rear sight dials (post ww2). Seems to me like this is an above average service grade. Or is this common?

Bottom one is a SA Mar 41 receiver with a SA Jun 51 barrel 2+me, 4+te, SA bolt Nov 41, IHC trigger group, SA cut op rod, CMP stock and post ww2 rear sight dials. Not sure about the gas tube. It's lighter than the other one.

Opening their cases had me feeling like I was 5 years old again on Christmas morning. Can't wait to order another.
    Last edited by Skoth; 10-28-2019, 09:15 AM.

M1's don't have gas tubes. They have gas CYLINDERS. You've been playing with mouse guns too long.
    Jon

Comment

Both are very nice post WWII rebuilds. Please post photos of the front receiver legs if they have any electro pencil markings on them.

Comment

Originally posted by TJT View Post
        M1's don't have gas tubes. They have gas CYLINDERS. You've been playing with mouse guns too long.
        Jon
        Obviously I'm an AR guy lol

Comment

Very nice! Once you start shooting them you will like them even more. CMP Service Grade is always a nice rifle it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by RDS View Post
            Both are very nice post WWII rebuilds. Please post photos of the front receiver legs if they have any electro pencil markings on them.
            The first one does not have any rebuild markings on it, which makes me think it might be an original receiver and barrel. Second one has obviously been rebarreled.

Comment

Working...
            X