RM1 Service luck of the draw.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RM1 Service luck of the draw.

Received today from CMP. Springfield Armory 1953. Barrel/Receiver are correct so may be original mates. Throat = 3+ and Muzzle = 1+. Everything is refinished with new Walnut stock. Rifle looks fantastic inside and out. Slight pitting on receiver legs is only cosmetic issue. Really tight fit to stock. The CMP service is outstanding, within one week of receiving my paper work they had it on fedex. Emailed me that it was in the system and shipped following day. Their communication and follow through is great. $750 shipped overnight to your door and a beautiful rifle, that’s a deal in today’s world. My 4th M1 but the first I bought directly from CMP. Highly recommend the experience. Semper Fi!

Will make a decent shooter I think. Two clips at 30 yards to test function. Ran smooth as silk. The CMP Special with new Criterion barrel will be my next purchase. $650 for a regular shooter with new barrel and stock is a pretty good deal. Made these posts for the new shooters, hopefully there are some out there visiting this forum. Semper Fi!

Comment

Update. 100 yards today. Dialed sights in and hit bull then ran one clip (2nd target) and she shot just fine. That’s a 1953 Service grade from the CMP south store and my first time shooting an M1. New to the M1? It’s CMP all the way I’d say.

Comment

Working...
      X