Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garand Scabbard

Hi Everyone,
    I picked up a Garand scabbard in a Antique/Vintage store a couple of days ago and have tried to research it without too much success. The scabbard is marked U.S. S Froehlich co.
    1943. I only have a photo of the markings but can provide more. I'm trying to find out if it's authentic or a reproduction. It's in extremely good condition. Anything you can tell me would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Richard

Looks legit to me.
    Jon

Comment

here are some photos of a 1943 carbine scabbard, they also made them for the Thompson smg too

Are you RSeccombe ? Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010041_0039.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	21411Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010044_0042.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	21412

Comment

Thanks very much. I posted a couple more photos of the scabbard.
        If it's the real deal, I don't think it has seen many Garands. The carbine photos from RCS look super clean as well.
        Is there a Garand book that goes into detail on the scabbards? I couldn't find one.
        Thanks again,
        Richard

Comment

I think I found a website that authenticates the scabbard. The site is called "The Liberator" (http://www.theliberator.be/) and among other things it delves into the role Harley Davidson played in WWII. Within the Harley section is a sub section that shows equipment, tools and accessories. Scabbards are shown for the Thompson, the M1 Carbine and the Garand along with the maker's of the scabbard listed. The photo showing S.FROEHLICH Co is identical the the one I have.
          I posted some very cool photos from the website.

Comment

Working...
          X