Early clip ejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early clip ejection

I was shooting my M1 and on the 3rd shot the clip ejected. I thought it might have been the clip itself so I tried another. I tried 3 different clips and the same thing happened. Does anyone know why it's doing that/how to fix it?

This is a common problem
    First are you using USGI enblocs? What is stamped on them in circle on back?
    "If" you are using USGI enblocs remove clip latch spring and slightly stretch it, assemble rifle and fire. If that solves the problem buy a new spring.
    If stretching spring does not solve measure the lobe of the bullet guide with a micrometer and report back with measurement
    Its also possible clip latch could be worn but in all the years I have been messing with garands I have never run across a bad one
    Causes of your issue in this order
    Foreign enblocs
    Worn clip latch spring
    Worn bullet guide
    If you decide you need the above parts, PM me I have them I can sell you
    While you have your rifle tore apart remove op rod spring and measure it. If out of spec may as well replace it
    Spring should be straight with no bends or kinks and measure between 19- 20 1/4 inches long
    Last edited by Orlando; 07-13-2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. I'll give that a shot and see where I'm at

Comment

Replace the op rod spring any way. They're cheap insurance at about $8. Contact Orion 7 or Garand Gear. When ever I get a new M1 rifle, I replace the spring because one does not know the history of the spring. Even if it's length is in spec, it could still be worn out any way. A worn spring will let the bolt impact the receiver heel--not an ideal condition. It's a rare occurance but heels have been cracked by bolt impact and once the heel is cracked or broken off, you have an expen$ive paper-weight. You don't just take it to the local weld shop.
        Jon
        Last edited by TJT; 07-13-2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X