Where to get an op rod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get an op rod

I'm not living in the states but visit regularly. I've been able to locate a lot of spares but an op rod is eluding me. Is there any place that I could get one that I can be certain is in spec? I nervous to buy something on eBay only to discover it's the same as my own or worse.

There are places that will rebuild yours but probabaly will not ship out of US
    What is wrong with yours, have you gaged it?

Comment

Haven't gaged yet but will when I next strip... It's fairly worn looking and has dismounted twice when helping the bolt home on a fresh clip.

Comment

Probably well worn tab. I have some I could sell be will not ship out of US.

Comment

Try MARSTAR Canada. As a Canadian Co. they are not bound by US export laws. Also FRANKONIA in Germany is worth a try.
          Last edited by RDS; 06-03-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies... I'll describe my problem exactly... During firing the rifle runs beautifully. No malfunctioning whatsoever. One the two occasions in question however, here's what I did...
            Pushed in full clip until it engaged / released the bolt
            the bolt never slams home on a fresh clip & always hangs on the first round, pushing it only a small ways out of the clip. So, up to now I'd been pulling the charging handle to the rear and letting go and it would chamber the first round and job done.

But on these 2 occasions I was trying to work the rife more quickly, and when the bolt hung on that first round, I used the ball of my hand to positively drive the bolt handle forward. It was then that I noticed it had skipped out of its track.

Having recreated this malfunction deliberately and slowly, I can confirm that when my bolt hangs on the first round, it seems to do so whilst aligned with the take down notch........ So.......... I'm wondering is there's any chance of human error being the cause? Is it conceivable that by potentially not striking the bolt home in a perfectly parallel manner, I caused a perfectly serviceable op rod to dismount?

Thanks guys!!
            ​​​

Comment

Its normal to have to assist the op rod forward on first rd. When pulling the op rod back if you pull up and back you may be pulling it out of the track.

Comment

The issue did not occur when pulling the bolt back. It happened when I was driving it forward to assist it's closure.

Comment

Originally posted by Robotack View Post
                  The issue did not occur when pulling the bolt back. It happened when I was driving it forward to assist it's closure.
                  When you racked the op rod back you may have unknowingly pulled it out of track. Can you remove op rod from the rifle and take a picture of the op rod tab?

Comment

I'm waiting on some other parts and will full strip once they arrive..... I sent you a pm Orlando, did you receive?

Comment

I'm waiting on some other parts and will full strip once they arrive..... I sent you a pm Orlando, did you receive?
                      Sorry, I missed it, PM replied to

Comment

Check your PM's

Comment

Working...
                        X