Roland Beaver Old Corps Weaponry Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roland Beaver Old Corps Weaponry Rifle

I picked this rifle up the other day off another gun forum. The original owner purchased the garand from DCM in 1995 and sent it to Roland Beaver at Old Corps Weaponry for a National Match build. Mr Beaver installed a Obermeyer 5R NM barrel .Glass bedded the WWII EMcF stock that came on the rifle. Installed NM front and rear sights , did NM mod to the trigger group.
    Unfortunately the seller couldn't find the original build sheet, hes just going by memory on the work that was done. I really didn't "need" this rifle but for $1200 I couldn't pass it up
    I know Mr Beaver is no longer in business, anyone know specifics on these barrels?

Came with a Turner All-Weather sling.I havnet had a chance to take her to the range yet but hopefully soon

Bill,
    Where do you find all these gems? Can I hate you now or do I have to wait in line?-lol.
    Seriously, great find. And you know you stole it for that price.
    Jon

Comment

It was a two year wait during the 2000's to get a Roland Beaver match rifle. One special feature was the spring on the firing pin. These are very accurate rifle out to long ranges. Depending on condition, they still sell for $1800 to $2000. Beaver has retired and his son has his stuff

Comment

I am finding that run of the mil garands just don't do much for me anymore. Accurate and interesting garands are another story. This one was for sale on the Calguns forum, I don't think anyone else knew what it was.

Comment

• RCS
          RCS commented
          Editing a comment
          Does your firing pin have the return spring ?

Yes it has the bolt mod. I understand the reasoning for it but not the need. Not enough that someone would actually put it into production

Comment

Beaver modified bolts were used for a very long time, I am sure your bolt was fitted to your rifle. how is the T.E. ?

Comment

My muzzle gage starts at zero and will not even fit in bore, the throat is less than one

Comment

Sweet rifle! Phil is gonna want it because of the barrel, can’t blame him lol. That is so nice, great score Sir.
              m14brian

Comment

Working...
              X