Garand Gear..... What gives??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garand Gear..... What gives??

Folks I'm just wondering if the Garand Gear website / company is still active??

I've contacted them through their contact page several times asking about international shipping and have not had s single acknowledgement.

Now, if they don't ship overseas, they could just say so. But even if they don't, I can have the package mailed to a buddy in the US. I've told them I'm only seeking accessories and no gun parts...

Rant over.... Just checking with you guys that I'm not mailing an out of business company or anything?

Thanks

Hi Robotack,
    I believe they are 100% up and running. In my experience, those vendors that don't sell overseas usually don't even reply to inquiries about shipping overseas.

Do you know anyone in your country that has received product from them directly?

Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

No I don't. If that is the case, it seems pretty rude.... I'll try them again introducing the idea of US shipping.

Comment

I would think cautious rather than rude. Many firearm and firearm parts companies view out of US inquiries as SPAM or Phishing since, if I'm not mistaken, it's against Federal law to sell or ship most gun parts to foreign countries or individuals.

Comment

Have you tried International Military Antiques (IMA) in Sterling NJ. I believe they also have a business in England.

Comment

ITAR violations carry a felony conviction, 5 years in jail and a $500,000 fine for US citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
              ITAR violations carry a felony conviction, 5 years in jail and a $500,000 fine for US citizens.
              As per my original post, my request only concerned accessories and no gun parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Robotack View Post

As per my original post, my request only concerned accessories and no gun parts.
                In most cases accessories are just as restricted as parts. Some, even more. In many cases they can send it to the US, like from China, but US Companies cannot export the same products. That's just the way it is and many Companies won't even answer you if you ask about it. The US has been known to run sting ops to catch violators and some simply never acknowledge receipt from requestors or inquiries.

Comment

That might might explain it. I never imagined a grease kit and rubber cover for the cocking handle could be illegal or restricted but every day's a school day.

Comment

Originally posted by Robotack View Post
                    That might might explain it. I never imagined a grease kit and rubber cover for the cocking handle could be illegal or restricted but every day's a school day.
                    Just go to a local hardware store and get a foot of bulk tygon tubing that fits snug on the op rod handle. Cut to length. Or buy plastic flexible thread protectors that fit. Grease kit? Nothing special about greasing a Garand will that requires a special kit. A Q-Tip and good synthetic axle grease is more than sufficient. Better, actually, than any original Garand vintage grease.

Comment

Working...
                    X