Newcomer Op Rod Replacment Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newcomer Op Rod Replacment Question

Hi Folk... First post on the forum regarding my first Garand.... My rifle is a Beretta Manufactured model. It appears unissued. All parts look brand new with the exception of the op rod which, from what I've read, is not unusual as op rods often came from old Springfield's for the Beretta's... I obviously don't know if the spring is new or old either, but I have apparent functioning issues.

My question essentially is; will an aftermarket spring provide a kind of "cheap insurance" and protect the longevity of my rifle.... or .... if it ain't broke......??

Help much appreciated.

Oh, and if you do recommend a Orion 7 spring.... where could a guy buy one online, preferably from somewhere that'll ship overseas as I'm not living in the US.

You might try garandgear. Not sure of their shipping regulations.
    Jon

Comment

Y'know I've emailed them a couple of times and they have never replied... Most unusual because I see several recommendations online.

Comment

Garand Gear has no shipping info listed. All the other sites I looked at have no international shipping. Maybe you can try e-bay.

Comment

Make certain you get a spec spring. A few of the springs people have used as replacements in Canada aren't!
          you can hear the spring compress when you pull back on the op rod

Comment

Working...
          X