Help Identify this Marking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identify this Marking

I just discovered that the bottom edge of the receiver is stamped with a letter B. It on the right side in front of forward leg. Any ideas what this mark means?

In process inspection stamp.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by TJT View Post
      In process inspection stamp.
      Jon
      Thanks TJT! Is this mark common on most receivers? I searched but could not find any info on these marks.

Comment

Some have it, or a different letter or number, some have none. If you're asking is it rare or make your rifle worth more $$, the answer is a resounding "NO".
        Jon

Comment

Some have it, or a different letter or number, some have none. If you're asking is it rare or make your rifle worth more $$, the answer is a resounding "NO".
          Jon
          No, just trying to learn more about the markings. I really enjoy learning everything I can about these rifles. BTW, I just ordered Canfields book to learn more!

Comment

Canfield's book is good. Get Poyer's, Babcock's and Duff's books as well. You'll need them all to cross-reference and find out where the mistakes are. None of them are perfect. Then you need as much hands-on experience with all that you can look at. I've been at this game 40-plus years and I don't profess to know every thing.
            Jon

Comment

Canfield's book is good. Get Poyer's, Babcock's and Duff's books as well. You'll need them all to cross-reference and find out where the mistakes are. None of them are perfect. Then you need as much hands-on experience with all that you can look at. I've been at this game 40-plus years and I don't profess to know every thing.
              Jon
              I will take your advise and get those books too in the near future. That is why I like the M1 so much - lots to study!

Comment

However, stay away from Harrison's book. It's more wrong than right.
                Jon

Comment

However, stay away from Harrison's book. It's more wrong than right.
                  Jon
                  Good to know - Thanks TJT!!

Comment

IMO I would not waste your money on Babcocks book. While it has nice pictures it is full of inaccuracys, I have not opened mine since I bought it

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando View Post
                      IMO I would not waste your money on Babcocks book. While it has nice pictures it is full of inaccuracys, I have not opened mine since I bought it
                      Thanks Orlando!

Comment

Canfield and Duff, can’t go wrong with them. Can not recommend enough.

Comment

Working...
                        X