Order from CMP or try the Auction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order from CMP or try the Auction?

Can someone explain the CMP auction.. I know the website say some of the higher grade rifles are sold via the auction, but the only ones I see are Service Grade. Why not just buy through CMP versus the auction?

Grade has nothing to do with correctness or originality of the rifles being auctioned. They generally auction the very correct, unusual and more collectable specimens there and, these days, most would generally fit in the Service Grade criteria as listed in the sales pages. Yes, some of the very special rifles are sold there. But, unless you have unlimited funds you'll soon realize that CMP auction rifles never come cheap or even remotely reasonable for that matter. In fact, most of the time they will sell for 50-100% more then their actual market value.
    Last edited by lapriester; 03-31-2019, 01:44 AM.

Comment

If you want a Garand you can use that will probably shoot well I'd suggest a service grade. A really nice rebuilt essentially new Garand would be the RM1SPECIAL The field and rack grades are per the criteria and prices on the CMP website.
      The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
      The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Forget the auction, for the most part its bidders with more money than common sense. They do occasionally have collector rifles or oddities you don't see elsewhere but you will pay for them. I swear they could stamp a pile of dog crap "CMP" and there would be a bidding war for it. If you want a nice rifle the service grade $750 delivered will make you a great shooter

Comment

Working...
        X