X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone got took.................

Not even a good fake
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/M1-Garand-c...p2047675.l2557

Oh my God! Looks like it had a belt sander taken to it before the fake stamps. 2X4 shaped, LOL. But, you know what they say. People on eBay will buy anything and believe any story they read. What's a GHS?

Comment

I can do better than that with my stamps. Sometimes I wish I was that dishonest....no, not really.

Comment

Originally posted by lapriester View Post
        Oh my God! Looks like it had a belt sander taken to it before the fake stamps. 2X4 shaped, LOL. But, you know what they say. People on eBay will buy anything and believe any story they read. What's a GHS?
        Gilbert H. Stewart, Commanding Officer
        http://www.trfindley.com/pgsnstmpsm1.html

Comment

That's some expensive firewood

Comment

1. buy a set of stamps
            2. stamp wood
            3. sand cartouches to make it look "worn"
            4. take a few chunks of the wood out to make it look "used"
            5. stain wood
            6. weather wood
            7. immediately list on ebay as "original" and sell it to the highest unsuspecting sucker of a bidder.

I feel sorry for the poor soul who got taken on this one. Rule #1 in buying mil surp related items on the internet.........NEVER and I mean NEVER shop on ebay. Way too many fakers out there.

Comment

Originally posted by SA1941 View Post
              Rule #1 in buying mil surp related items on the internet.........NEVER and I mean NEVER shop on ebay. Way too many fakers out there.
              No #1 rule should be: educate yourself so you do not buy any reproductions/fakes
              There are fakers other places than E-bay and there are some good parts on E-bay. Just need to be educated so you don't make any mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando View Post

No #1 rule should be: educate yourself so you do not buy any reproductions/fakes
                There are fakers other places than E-bay and there are some good parts on E-bay. Just need to be educated so you don't make any mistakes
                Very true. Ebay just seems to be more replete with fakes than not. I have found other fakes trying to get passed off on Gunbroker and others before as well. Like they always say, knowledge is power.

Comment

Originally posted by SA1941 View Post

knowledge is power.
                  And education is expen$ive.
                  Jon

Comment

Working...
                  X