Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marlin m1 barrel at simpsons

https://www.simpsonltd.com/products/c42201

I read years ago that Marlin M1 barrels were akin to the Buffalo Arms carbine barrels--the worst of the worst, LOTS of rejects and about the worst tube you could have on the rifle as far as accuracy is concerned. Still, an interesting oddity.
    Jon

Comment

You have different Marlin barrels. The WW2 "blue Marlin" was the worst to index but still a collectors item. Springfield used the later Marlin barrels when production of the M1 resumed during the Korean War, I believe in the 4.2 & 4.3 serial range. Duff wrote an article about these Marlins. You also had the Buffalo Arms M1 rifle barrels used during WW2 and post war years plus a few Ferro Machine & Foundry barrels in the mid 1950's.

Comment

Interesting stuff guys. It was the first Marlin barrel I’ve seen, Seemed a little overpriced to me.

Comment

• RCS
          RCS commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it is overpriced

Way, way, way over priced. Typical of Simpsons. These aren't known to be great barrels and have no collector or exceptional accurancy value at all. The fact that is was once in original wrap probably increased it's value by 25% but Simpsons screwed that up already.

Comment

Post war Marlin barrels are not bad barrels. Proof is SA used them as RCS stated. There were issues with WWII Marlin M1 Garand and M1 carbine barrels. WW II Marlin M1 carbine barrels were hit or miss and had a high rejection rate.

Comment

Working...
          X