Range Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Day

Just went to the new range that was just finished a few weeks ago here locally. I must say I am very impressed. State of the art, and we now even have an indoor 100 yard range! Long story short, me and a couple of friends went there yesterday with one of their M1s and I brought my shooter M1, the 1903-A3, 1911 and the STG44 replica. It was funny when we both started shooting our M1s, the tremendous report made several lanes stop shooting and come over and see what was happening. One guy in particular was excited to see one in person. So I let him shoot a clip, and I filmed him on his phone. Afterward, he had this huge smile on his face, and shook my hand. He told me that really just made his day. Even at 70 some odd years old, these rifles still bring the smiles to a lot of folk. The range personnel commented that they had never seen so many WWII guns in one place at one time before. So it really made quite a few folks days! I imagine they get pretty tired seeing black guns all day everyday. So if anyone lives up in North West Louisiana like me, you might want to try out the new Red River Range if you get a chance. I feel that if the opportunity presented itself, you would be impressed. Hope everyone has a great New Year!

That's awesome! Every time I take my Garand to the range I get some smiles from people and once and a while folks telling me about their own!

Comment

I remember years ago shooting my M1 (back when I only had one) at the local range. Some guy came over to me and asked what kept breaking on my rifle (referencing the "ping"). He obviously knew nothing about M1 rifles. I told him "Nothing. If it DOESN'T make that sound, THEN it's broken".
      Jon

Comment

Working...
      X