Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alittle Something I Threw Together.......................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alittle Something I Threw Together.......................

Getting to the point I have decided its time to thin the herd and let a few go. Went through the safe and I found a barreled receiver I forgot about , I purchased it from CMP some years back.
    For thoughs who weren't around then they once offered barreled receivers that they installed unissued SA 1950's barrels and head spaced bolt . I decide I may as well assemble a rifle out of it.
    I used just about all unissued USGI parts except for a few excellent used parts in rear sight and some of the trigger group. Stock set is a CMP birch that was fitted and refinished. Never been a fan of birch but this one turned out pretty good

Last edited by Orlando; 10-17-2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Hard as it was to do I threw it on Gunbroker this weekend, I got to start cleaning house

Comment

Nice job there Orlando! Hate to see you selling that beauty.

Comment

That's a beautiful rifle - I personally prefer birch over walnut for gunstocks, so I really like the looks of this one! Good job!

Comment

That's a beauty.
            Thinning out is hard, for me it was money, I just don't make 2008 money anymore vs. 2018 bills. I'm down to 2 M14s from 10. For some guys, they just don't want their wife to have to deal with it if they're getting older, for some it's the tax man, I've seen it all but no matter the reason it truly is hard and I feel your pain brother but wish you the best in selling. You have built a fantastic collection of rifles and parts you should be proud of!
            m14brian

Comment

I just don't want my wife to have to deal with all my rifles someday and I also have a grand daughter I like to spoil

Comment

I understand Sir.
                My father in law is an ffl and I think he has the biggest or 2nd biggest collection of Ross bolt action rifles in the U.S. plus tons of other guns of course. He didn't want to liquidate early so he decided to have them call Rock Island Auction when he passes away, they will come pick up everything and take care of it all and send the money. Another option to consider if you ever have seller's remorse.
                m14brian

Comment

Working...
                X