Identify/Value M1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify/Value M1

Not looking to sell. My grandfather passed away so I inherited his gun collection and this was one of the guns. Just trying to get an idea of what it is and what it's worth. Any help is appreciated. Pics in next post.
    Last edited by Bham M1; 07-08-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Comment

It is impossible to give a accurate estimate of value with no information

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando View Post
          It is impossible to give a accurate estimate of value with no information
          I'm not sure where to find any further information. All I have is the rifle itself and any markings that are on it. Do you have any suggestions?

Comment

Condition of bore, overall condition of the rifle. Rifle appears to be a rebuilt rifle. Does it have rebuild marks on left front receiver leg or import marks on barrel. A data sheet would be helpful as would more photos.

Comment

All we know right now with the limited information is that the receiver is a Winchester. Don't know the barrel maker and/or other vital info. How is the side of the barrel marked? How are all the internal parts marked? What are the letters above the SA on the stock? It's a Springfield Armory stock--not original to the rifle. Makes me believe it's been through at least one rebuild. We need more pictures--LOTS.
              Jon

Comment

Hey guys. Thanks for the responses, and sorry for the delay I have been out of the country. I will try to get more pictures up asap.

Comment

Anywhere from $750 to $1500 depending on a ton of factors not described by the limited info and pics supplied. Typically a mixmaster rifle with a Winchester receiver is worth about $800. But, the stock on that rifle is probably worth half as much as the entire rifle. If I were going to sell it, I'd replace the stock and sell the SA stock for $400 to $500. Then sell the rifle with a different stock on it for $1000. That would reap a 30% increase in total rewards.

Comment

Winchester manufactured the breech portion (the rest is a mystery and would require an experienced person to look at it) in February of 1943. The condition is a lot nicer than one that came back from the war and was untouched. It definitely went through a rebuild based on the condition alone (from photos). It helps the shootability of the gun but value would depend on a lot of variables unkown at this time. With what I see you have a $1000 gun (+-100 or so). It may increase significantly if you had someone near you to take a good look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by lapriester View Post
                      Anywhere from $750 to $1500 depending on a ton of factors not described by the limited info and pics supplied. Typically a mixmaster rifle with a Winchester receiver is worth about $800. But, the stock on that rifle is probably worth half as much as the entire rifle. If I were going to sell it, I'd replace the stock and sell the SA stock for $400 to $500. Then sell the rifle with a different stock on it for $1000. That would reap a 30% increase in total rewards.
                      Thank you so much for the info and advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunrunner View Post
                        Winchester manufactured the breech portion (the rest is a mystery and would require an experienced person to look at it) in February of 1943. The condition is a lot nicer than one that came back from the war and was untouched. It definitely went through a rebuild based on the condition alone (from photos). It helps the shootability of the gun but value would depend on a lot of variables unkown at this time. With what I see you have a $1000 gun (+-100 or so). It may increase significantly if you had someone near you to take a good look at it.
                        Thanks Gunrunner!

Comment

Working...
                        X