M-Pro7 Synthetic Grease for M1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M-Pro7 Synthetic Grease for M1?

I'm new to M1s. Some people suggested using Lubriplate 130-A Mil-Spec Grease. But I have used M-Pro 7 for years and just wondering it their grease is ok for M1s or if anyone has/is using it?

To an M1 rifle grease is grease is grease. ANY standard wheel bearing grease is fine. I've used hi temp wheel bearing grease in my M1 rifles for the past 40 plus years and never had problem one. Lubriplate is fine if you have it. No need for the expen$ive and exotic stuff. A one pound tub of wheel bearing grease from Walmart will last you 10 lifetimes and function just fine. Hell, Vaseline will work in a pinch. Don't get caught up in all the on line hype about gotta' have this or that. Like I said, to an M1 rifle, grease is grease.
    Jon

Comment

As stated above any good grease should work. Incidentally as TJT mentions the first grease that I can determine prescribed for the Garand was graphite cup grease.

Comment

old tube of lubriplate

Comment

Thank you all for your advice, I passed on the Mpro-7 expensive stuff and got a tub of Lubriplate 130-A Mil-Spec Grease.

Comment

Don't use Vaseline. There are far better uses for that.

Comment

Originally posted by lapriester View Post
              Don't use Vaseline. There are far better uses for that.
              I said in a pinch, Larry, NOT as a steady diet.
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by TJT View Post

I said in a pinch, Larry, NOT as a steady diet.
                Jon
                I know. But I can certainly think of a couple things I rather use Vaseline on, LOL.

Comment

Working...
                X